Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Making the selection!




A quick update on whats new in OUR softball world. My daughter tried out for ONE team! Yes I said it, one team. To her it was a perfect fit. By the time we got in the car and got food, she made her choice. That is even after I set up our try-out schedule (here is the lay out). There were several teams that requested her to come to the try-outs prior to us going there. She had plenty of options. So why this team?

To her, this team just felt right. The coaching staff all knew my daughter prior to her coming due in part to an email I sent them. The try-out was fast moving but there was time to talk, and all the girls on the team were socializing with the people trying out. She said "You could tell the team was close and that they cared about each other, on top of that they were really welcoming".

Since she has picked the team, her best softball friend also got an offer and took the position on that team. We have had a team meet and greet and are two practices in.

Two very solid and learning based practices, where there was actually teaching and instruction going on. I was very shocked and impressed about how it has gone. My main goal for this year was instruction and exposure on a team that works hard, has a good person as a coach and learns week to week. After a few short weeks, I'm sure my daughter made the correct choice....

And I'm a proud dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment